This standard functionality provides the ability to access data that is within the system and then copy the data to the appropriate Assumption Grid.
The general process will be discussed first followed by a review of the available data.
The Lookup functionality is available wherever the magnify glass icon is displayed on a selected Assumption Grid.
Click on the magnify glass icon to access the below Lookup Budget Assumptions screen.
1) Select the type of data you wish to add to the Assumptions Grid. This will be discussed in detail below.
The ability to display or hide data tabs as well as their left to right viewing order is managed in App Config/Menu Editor. Please see A. Application Configuration Tab/item number 7.
2) Search for the required data. Please note the Exclude Zero Values Accounts functionality is available.
3) An Advanced Search is available.
4) Once the search process is complete the requested data will appear in the yellow highlighted box area;
5) The process is now to select the required data and move it into the Data Shopping Cart. There are two ways to select the data:
i) Double click the lookup row in any of the grids in the Lookup tab (highlighted in yellow above) - this will select a specific row; or
ii) Select all the data using the Copy and Paste
functionality described in part B) of this article, and then right click and select the below option
Once the data is selected it will move in the Data Shopping Cart per below:
6) Click the button to move the data in the Data Shopping Cart to the Assumption Grid. The Assumption Grid is the same place from where the Lookup Magnify Glass was originally clicked into. Select 7) below before moving data.
7) The Exclude Row Function is available, namely the option to either add the data to the totals on the Assumption Grid or not.
The below shows data that was moved from the Data Shopping Cart to the Assumptions Grid on the Account Details screen. Please note that the Green box that is highlighted indicates that the data on this line has the same values as the data it was copied from. This data can now be changed and the Refresh Lookup Syn Status as well as the Monthly Summary - Lookup Sync Status functionality can be used to determine whether the Lookup data is the same as its source data or has been changed.
Per 1) above the following data is available for selection:
a) Financial - this data is by the full general ledger account string.
b) Main Account - this data is totaled by Objects;
c) Object Rollup - this data is totaled by Object Rollup as defined in Manage Objects ;
d) Vendor and Customers - data is totaled by Vendor and Customers;
e) Payroll Details;
f) Fixed Assets
Depreciation Summary - this is the summarized version of the depreciation forecast data imported from Great Plains Accounting Software;
Depreciation Details - this is the detailed version of the depreciation forecast data imported from Great Plains Accounting Software;
Capex Depreciation - please see Manage Capex; and
Capex Cost - cost data; please see Manage Capex.
g) Global Variances - as defined in Manage Global Variables ;
h) Analytical Accounting Code - additional lookups can be added to the system including third party add-on software to Great Plains Accounting Software.
j) CRM - as defined in Dynamic Budgets;
k) Auto Forecast.