When Formatted Columns are displayed on the screen there is generally underlying data that can be drilled into, such as transaction detail from Great Plains Accounting Software or budget detail.
For customizable forms/reports the Column Format
article discusses how to setup Columns Formats. For standardized reports the columns have already been formatted.
Example 1 - Column Format was setup with Great Plains Accounting Software (ERP) Actual Imported Data
Per below the "Test FY17 Budget Entry" Form for Column 19 was setup to display FY14 Actuals for "Dec" for "YTD". As the fiscal year in this example runs from January to December, actual transactions for January - December 2014 will be displayed.
Below is the Basic Budget Entry screen in which the above Column format was displayed.
1) To access the underlying details "anchor" into the cell that you wish to drill into by highlighting the cell;
"Right-click" on the highlighted cell, the below menu will appear.
2) If the Column Format was setup with "Month" information, you could select "Month Transactions" to view the transaction for the month that was setup.
And then the following screen will appear which is a listing of all transaction from January through December FY14:
Please note as this example was setup with actuals data which was imported from Great Plains Accounting Software (ERP); the data is displayed as it was entered into Great Plains. All these data fields can be researched in Great Plains for more information.
6) Vend/Cust ID;
7) Vend/Cust Name;
8) JRNENTRY - the journal entry number;
9) Sourcedoc; and
10) PostedBy - who posted the entry in Great Plains.
Please note the Expand/Contract Data Display Box functionality is available.
Example 2 - Column Format was setup with Budget Data
Per below the "Test FY17 Budget Entry" Form for Column 20 was setup to display FY15 Budget for "Dec" for "YTD". As the fiscal year in this example runs from January to December, the budget January - December 2015 will be displayed.
4) To access the underlying details "anchor" into the cell that you wish to drill into by highlighting the cell;
"Right-click" on the highlighted cell, the below menu will appear. Please note that this "right-click" menu for Budget data menu differs somewhat to the above "right-click" Actual menu.
5) By clicking on the "Edit Budget" you will be directed to the FY15 Basic Entry Entry/Account Details tab (even though in this example, the original search criteria was on the FY17 Budget).
If the budget is UnLocked, these cells will be editable. If you do not wish this budget to be edited, please "Lock the Budget and Accounts" in Manage Budgets. Once the Budget and Accounts are locked the cell color will change from white to grey.
Please refer to the Basic Budget Entry article for an explanation of the functionality available on this screen. If the data was accessed through another screen, please refer to the article about that screen.