There is an live actual data link (automatic) between the ERP (Great Plains Accounting ERP) and Dynamic Budgets.
In order for the actual data to display, a linked BudgetID for each fiscal year of actual data needs to be setup in Manage Budgets
A) To Add a Single BudgetID to a CompanyDB
To add a single linked BudgetID open the Manage Budgets screen:
1) Select the CompanyDB to which you wish to add the linked BudgetID; and
2) Click on the "Show Budgets" button.
And the following screen will appear listing existing BudgetIDs.
From the "Link ERP Budgets" pulldown menu select the data you wish to link, in our example 2017 Actuals.
Click "Yes" the BudgetID will be added to the list of BudgetIDs as follows:
All the necessary setups will have been automatically completed. Please review. Please note that the Actuals Cutoff Period will initially appear as
Click the "Save Budgets" button and then the "Show Budgets" button and it will change to "BegBal".
B) Add all ERP Budgets that do not Exist to a Selected CompanyDB
2) Click "Show Budgets" to display all existing budgets;
3) Click the "All Budgets" button which then displays the confirm screen;
4) Click "Yes" to setup the ERP budgets.
As per above, the BudgetID will be created with all necessary fields completed. Please review. Please "Save" and refresh the view by clicking on the "Show Budgets" button.
C) Adding A Selected ERP Budget to All Companies
Open the Manage Budgets screen. The screen will default to a given Company DB and this does not impact this procedure.
1) Click the "Show Budgets" button;
2) From the Link ERP Budgets pulldown menu select the BudgetID that you wish to add to all CompanyDBs;
3) Click the "Selected Budget for All Companies" button which then displays the confirm screen; and
4) Click "Yes" to add the selected ERP Budget to all Companies
As per above, the BudgetID will be created with all necessary fields completed. Please review in all CompanyDBs by selecting the required Company DB in the Company DB dropdown menu. Please "Save" and refresh the view by clicking on the "Show Budgets" button.