The Allocations module provides different methodologies to both calculate the amount to be allocated and how it is allocated. The amount is allocated to designated Budget Account/s (the "Destination Account/s"). To designate a Budget Account as a Destination Account, it needs to be activated as an " AllocAcct" account. The allocation amount is always offset by an equal and opposite amount so that the Allocation results in a net zero impact on the Budget overall. In order for the opposite amount to be allocated to an Account, the Account needs to be activated as a "ContraAlloc" Account.
The amount to be allocated for this allocation is the total dollar amount of one or more OrgUnit/s for a specified BudgetID. The dollars are allocated using a defined percentage/s to one or more selected Destination Account/s. The allocation to Destination Account/s is spread using the monthly spread of the source OrgUnit/s data. A single Contra Allocation Account can be selected for each selected OrgUnit.
The "Show/Hide" button expands the right-hand screen data. Below is with this data hidden:
And below is after the data is shown:
The following Right -Click Menu and Short-Cut Keys are available:
A. To Edit or to Create a New Allocation
1. An existing allocation can be edited or a new allocation added by selecting from the drop down menu. If an existing Allocation is selected it will populate the screen and will be available for editing. If the <add new> is selected the below pop-up screen appears.
2. Enter the name of the new allocation;
3. Click "Create New" and the screen will refresh to the new allocation. We called our new allocation "Example" and have highlighted that it is now available from the drop down menu,
4. From the drop down menus specify the source amounts to allocate then click "Search";
5. The above search will result in "Available OrgUnit Rollups" which can be selected as Source data by Using Right and Left Pointing Arrows to Select/Deselect ;
6. Once the OrgUnit Rollup/s are selected, the "Available OrgUnit" will populate and can be selected by Using Right and Left Pointing Arrows to Select/Deselect ;
7. Click on "Add to Source Accounts" to select from the Available OrgUnit/s. This will result in the "Annual Amount to Distribute".
In the below the "G&A" OrgUnit Rollup was selected from Company" DB DB3147_TWO15" and BudgetID" FY17TEST1". And from the "G&A" OrgUnit 100 was selected and is the source of the allocation totaling $223,328.
9. Select/highlight the required Contra Allocation Account;
10. Click "Set as Contra Alloc Account" and the screen will refresh with the selected account . Below 000-4111-02 was set as the Contra Alloc Account.
Please note only one Contra Allocation Account can be selected per OrgUnit row.
11. From the drop down menus select the criteria to search for the required Destination Accounts. Click "Search" and the "Available Accounts" will appear in the indicated panel;
Please note the total percentage allocated must equal 100%.
Below shows how the Contra Allocation Account data appears on the Allocations Sub-tab for the selected account 4111-01. Please note that the amounts are negative and that the description include the type of allocation ("Allocation by OrgUnits Fixed" and the name of the allocation ("Test..."). This allows for easy reference back to the originating allocation. Also please note that the monthly spread is the same as that of the Source OrgUnit.
And below shows how the Allocation Account data appears on the Allocation Sub-tab for both the selected accounts - 6400-00 and 6170-04. Please note that the allocated amounts are positive and both allocation accounts total $248,822. As discussed above the total of the Contra Allocation Account and the Allocation Accounts is zero and therefore does not change the overall budget. The timing of the monthly spread is the same as the Source OrgUnit.
B. How to Delete a Row
16. Select the row you wish to delete and then select the Right Click Menu; and
18. Click on "Delete".
C. How to Delete an Allocation
19. From the drop down menu select the Allocation you wish to delete;
20. Click the "Delete" button and Confirm message box will appear;
21. Click "Yes" to delete the allocation.
D. How to Add Comments
22. From the drop down menu select the Allocation that you wish to add a comment to;
23. Click on the "Comments" button and Allocation Comments box will appear;
24. Enter comments;
25. Click "Submit" to save comments and the "Comment" label's color changes to yellow to indicate a comment has been added;
26. To review the comment, click on the yellow colored comment box.
E. How to add Attachments to an Allocation
27. From the drop down menu select Allocation that you wish to attach a file to;
28. Click on the "Attachments" button to activate the process. Please see Attachments article for a description on how to attach a file.
F.How to Duplicate an Allocation
Please see the Duplicating an Allocation article.
G. How to Refresh Allocation Data
29. When making any changes to an Allocation please be sure to click the "Refresh" button to update Allocation data;
30. Click the "Save" button to update the data allocated to the Alloc Acct/s and Contra Alloc Acct.