The Allocations module provides different methodologies to both calculate the amount to be allocated and how it is allocated. The allocation amount is allocated to designated Budget Account/s (the "Destination Account/s"). To designate a Budget Account as a Destination Account, it needs to be activated as a "AllocAcct" Account. The allocation amount is always offset by an equal and opposite amount so that the Allocation results in a net zero impact on the Budget overall. In order for the opposite amount to be allocated to an Account, the Account needs to be activated as a "ContraAlloc" Account.
The amount methodology for this allocation is the dollar amount by month for one or more OrgUnit/s for a specified BudgetID. Once the Destination Account/s are defined, the numerator/s (the "Basis Account/s") for the Destination Account/s are defined. The Administrator can select both Account Number/s and/or Global Variables as the numerator. Then for each month the system calculates the percentage allocated to each Destination Account using the sum of all Basis Accounts as the denominator and the Destination Account's Basis Account/s as the numerator. A single Contra Allocation Account can be selected for each selected OrgUnit.
Please note that due to the percentage calculation methodology the allocation amount for OrgUnit/s will not be fully allocated if the denominator for any given month has no value, therefore is zero. Also, if only one Destination Account's Basis Account has value in a given month, 100% of the amount to be allocated will be allocated to that Destination Account for that month.
The "Show/Hide" button expands the right-hand screen data. Below is with this data hidden:
And below is after the data is shown:
A. To Edit or to Create a New Allocation
1. An existing allocation can be edited or a new allocation added by selecting from the drop down menu. If an existing Allocation is selected it will populate the screen and will be available for editing. If the <add new> is selected the below pop-up screen appears.
2.Enter the name of the new allocation;
3. Click "Create New" and the screen will refresh to the new allocation. We called the new allocation "By OrgUnits Variable Test", and have highlighted that it is now available from the drop down menu,
4. From the drop down menus specify the source amounts to allocate then click "Search";
5. The above search will result in "Available OrgUnit Rollups" which can be selected as Source data by Using Right and Left Pointing Arrows to Select/Deselect ;
6. Once the OrgUnit Rollup/s are selected, the "Available OrgUnit" will populate and can be selected by Using Right and Left Pointing Arrows to Select/Deselect;
7. Click on "Add to Source Accounts" to select from the Available OrgUnit/s. This will result in the "Annual Amount to Distribute".
In the below the "G&A" OrgUnit Rollup was selected from Company" DB DB3147_TWO15" and BudgetID" FY17TEST1". And from the "G&A" OrgUnit 100 was selected and is the source of the allocation totaling $414,532.
8. To select a Contra Alloc Acct Drill into "Select Account" and the following screen will appear:
9. Select/highlight the required Contra Allocation Account;
10. Click "Set as Contra Alloc Account" and the screen will refresh with the selected account. Below 00-4110-02 was set as the Contra Alloc Account.
Please note only one Contra Allocation Account can be selected per OrgUnit row.
The next step is to specify the Destination Accounts.
11. On the "Accounts Mapping" tab, click the "+" button and the "Select Destination Accounts" screen will appear;
12. From the drop down menus select the criteria to search for the required Destination Accounts. Click "Search" and the "Available Accounts" will appear. Please note that Advanced Search is available.
13. Using Right and Left Pointing Arrows to Select/Deselect, select from the "Available Accounts" the Account/s you wish to use as Destination Account/s.
14. The selected Account/s will appear in the "Selected Accounts" panel, then click "Add to Destination Accounts" and Account/s will appear as below in the "Select Destination Accounts" panel;
15. To select a "Basis Account" for a Destination Account, select the required Destination Account and then click "+Financials" to select a Budget Account;
16. When the "+Financials" button is clicked the "Select Basis Accounts" screen appears. From the drop down menus select the required search criteria for the Basis Account and then click "Search". The searched for accounts will appears in the "Available Accounts" box. Please note that Advanced Search is available.
17. Select the required accounts by using the Using Right and Left Pointing Arrows to Select/Deselect functionality. The selected accounts will appear in the Selected Accounts box.
18. Click the "Add Basis Accounts" button to add all the "Selected Accounts" and the screen will refresh as below, namely displaying the added accounts in the "Select Basis Accounts per Destination Account" panel. In the below example, the Destination Account 000-6400-00 has been assigned Basis Accounts 000-4114-02 and 000-4110-02.
19. As discussed above Global Variables can be selected as a Basis Account. Highlight the "Destination Account" you wish to add a Basis Account to and then click the "+Variables" button and the Select Global Variables screen appears.
20. From the drop down menus select the Global Variable search criteria you wish to use and then click "Search".
21. Once the Search is complete the screen will refresh with the required Global Variables. To select the required Global Variable double-click in the "Category".
22. The "Data Tracking" tab shows the selected Basis Accounts data which is then used to calculate the percentage allocated to each Destination Account. In the above example, the Basis Accounts are 000-4114-02 and 000-4110-02 for Destination Account 000-6400-00. And the Basis Account is "ER Patient Visits 2013" for Destination Account 200-6160-00. The percentage is calculated monthly and is displayed to the far right of the screen. For example the calculation for PP01 is:
a) 000-6400-00: (0/0+56426+500)% + (56426/0+56426+500)% = 0% + 99.12% = 99.12%
b) 200-6160-00: (500/0+56426+500)% = 0.88%
23. The "Preview" tab shows the amounts that will be allocated to the Destination Accounts based on the monthly percentage calculated in 22. above multiplied by the corresponding monthly amount to be allocated.
In the above example $141,051.12 will be allocated in January to 000-6400-00. This is 99.12% of $142,301.00. And $1,249.88 will be allocated to 200-6160-00. This is 0.88% of $142,301.00.
Once you have completed setting up the Allocation, click
. This action saves the allocated data to the Destination and Contra Alloc Account.
Below shows how the allocated amount appears on the Allocation Sub-tab for 200-6160-00:
Below shows how the data appears on the Allocation Sub-tab for the Contra Alloc Account. Please note the amounts are negative which will offset the above positive amounts in total for a net zero impact on the Budget overall.
B. How to Delete a Row
24. To delete an amount that has been specified to allocate, select/highlight the row you wish to delete;
25. Right-click to access the right-click delete menu, and then select "Delete".
26. To delete a Destination Account or a Basis Account select the row you wish to delete;
27. Click the "X" button.
C. How to Delete an Allocation
28. From the drop down menu select the Allocation you wish to delete;
29. Click the "Delete" button and Confirm message box will appear;
30. Click "Yes" to delete the allocation. When an allocation is deleted, data that has been allocation to the Destination and Contra Allocation Accounts is deleted too.
D. How to Add Comments
31. From the drop down menu select the Allocation that you wish to add a comment to;
32. Click on the "Comments" button and Allocation Comments box will appear;
33. Enter comments;
34. Click "Submit" to save comments and the "Comment" label's color changes to yellow to indicate a comment has been added;
35. To review the comment, click on the yellow colored comment box.
E. How to add Attachments to an Allocation
36. From the drop down menu select Allocation that you wish to attach a file to;
37. Click on the "Attachments" button to activate the process. Please see Attachments article for a description on how to attach a file. Once a file is attached the "Attachments" button color changes to light yellow. The attachment can be review on clicking on the "Attachments" button
F.How to Duplicate an Allocation
Please see the Duplicating an Allocation article.
G. How to Refresh Allocation Data
38. When making any changes to an Allocation please be sure to click the "Refresh" button to update Allocation data;
39. Click the "Save" button to update the data allocated to the Alloc Acct/s and Contra Alloc Acct.