The Allocations module provides different methodologies to both calculate the amount to be allocated and how it is allocated. The amount is allocated to designated Budget Account/s (the "Destination Account/s"). To designate a Budget Account as a Destination Account, it needs to be activated as an "AllocAcct" account. The allocation amount is always offset by an equal and opposite amount so that the Allocation results in a net zero impact on the Budget overall. In order for the opposite amount to be allocated to an Account, the Account needs to be activated as a "ContraAlloc" Account.
The amount to be allocated for this allocation is the total dollar amount of one or more Budget Account/s for a specified BudgetID. The dollars are allocated by a defined percentage/s to one or more selected Destination Account/s. The allocation to Destination Account/s is spread proportionately using the monthly spread of the source Budget Account/s data. A single Contra Allocation Account can be selected for each selected Budget Account.
The "Show/Hide" button expands the right-hand screen data. Below is with this data hidden:
And below is after the data is shown:
A. To Edit or to Create a New Allocation
1. An existing allocation can be edited or a new allocation added by selecting from the drop down menu. If an existing Allocation is selected it will populate the screen and will be available for editing. If the <add new> is selected the below pop-up screen appears.
4. From the drop down menus specify the source amounts to allocate then click "Search";
5. Please note that Advanced Search is available;
6. Search will result in, as demonstrated above, "Available Accounts" which can be selected as "Selected Accounts" by Using Right and Left Pointing Arrows to Select/Deselect;
7. Click on "Add to Source Accounts" to select from the "Selected Accounts." This will result in Accounts in the "Annual Amount to Distribute" panel.
In the below Accounts 000-4110-02 and 000-4114-01 from Company" DB DB3147_TWO15" and BudgetID" FY17TEST1" were selected resulting in an "Annual Amount to Distribute" totaling $151,117.
9. Select/highlight the required Contra Allocation Account;
10. Click "Set as Contra Alloc Account" and the screen will refresh with the selected account as below. 000-4110-02 was set as the Contra Alloc Account. Please note only one Contra Allocation Account can be selected per Account row.
The next step is to specify the Destination Accounts:
11. From the drop down menus select the criteria to search for the required Destination Accounts. Click "Search" and the "Available Accounts" will appear in the indicated panel;
13. The selected Account/s will appear in the "Selected Accounts" panel, then click "Add to Destination Accounts" and Account/s will appear in the "Specify Allocation % for each Destination Account" panel;
14. Enter the required percentage to be allocated to each Destination Account/s . Please note the total percentage allocated must equal 100%.
In the below example, the annual allocation amount is $151,117 which is the sum of 000-4110-02 plus 000-4114-01. The Contra Alloc Accts are 000-4117-01 and 000-4124-00 and the Destination Accounts are 000-6170-04 which is allocated 75% ($113,337.75) and 000-6180-00 which is allocated 25% ($37,779.25) . Please note how the $45 is allocated in P00 as per the percentages.
15. To Allocate to the Destination and Contra Allocation Accounts and to save the Allocation setup click
Below shows how the Contra Allocation Account data appears on the Allocations Sub-tab for the selected account 4117-01. Please note that the amounts are negative and that the description include the type of allocation ("Allocation by OrgUnits Fixed" and the name of the allocation ("By A..."). This allows for easy reference back to the originating allocation. The monthly spread is the same as the source data.
And below shows how the Allocation Account data appears on the Allocation Sub-tab for Destination Accounts 00-6170-04. Please note that the allocated amounts are positive and that the monthly spread proportionately follows the source data.
B. How to Delete a Row
16. Select the row you wish to delete and then select the Right Click Menu; and
17. Click on "Delete".
C. How to Delete an Allocation
18. From the drop down menu select the Allocation you wish to delete;
19. Click the "Delete" button and Confirm message box will appear;
20. Click "Yes" to delete the allocation. In our example, we deleted "Test Two" and this also delete the Allocation data that was previously saved to the Destination and Contra Allocation Accounts.
D. How to Add Comments
21. From the drop down menu select the Allocation that you wish to add a comment to;
22. Click on the "Comments" button and Allocation Comments box will appear;
23. Enter comments;
24. Click "Submit" to save comments and the "Comment" label's color changes to yellow to indicate a comment has been added;
25. To review the comment, click on the yellow colored comment box:
E. How to add Attachments to an Allocation
26. From the drop down menu select Allocation that you wish to attach a file to;
27. Click on the "Attachments" button to activate the process. Please see Attachments article for a description on how to attach a file. Once a file is attached the "Attachments" button color changes to light yellow. The attachment can be review on clicking on the "Attachments" button.
F.How to Duplicate an Allocation
Please see the Duplicating an Allocation article.
G. How to Refresh Allocation Data
28. When making any changes to an Allocation please be sure to click the "Refresh" button to update Allocation data;
29. Click the "Save" button to update the data allocated to the Alloc Acct/s and Contra Alloc Acct/s