CLICK ON THE BLUE LINK ABOVE TO VIEW TUTORIAL
See attached PDF's below
Purpose: During Client Configuration, the client's OrgUnits or Depts need to be added to Dynamic Budgets to make them available for budgeting and reporting purposes. They are managed in the Manage OrgUnits tab.
Check/uncheck the "Show Sample Acct Descriptions" box to display/hide these descriptions which appear in a new column.
Click the "Show Company Tags" to show/hide these columns which are defined in Bulk Company Management.
Please call Dynamic Budgets if you wish to define these sensitive fields.
The following Right-Click menu and Short-Cut Keys are available:
- Search for the criteria you wish to view;
- Enter the Dynamic Budget description for the OrgUnit you wish to use here. The description will appear in the dropdown search boxes as per 3. and 4. below. "The ERP OrgUnit Descrip" cannot be edited. Save by clicking "Save OrgUnits";
- If you wish an OrgUnit to be available for budgeting, check the IsBudgeted box and then "Save OrgUnits". OrgUnits with checked boxes can now be selected from the dropdown menus in "Budgets"
Please note this is a useful tool to manage the length of dropdown menus by limiting the check-boxes to OrgUnits that are active for budgeting.
4. If you wish an OrgUnit to be available to be reported on, check the InReports box, and then "Save OrgUnits". OrgUnits with checked boxes can now be selected from the dropdown menus in "Reports"
Please note this is a useful tool to manage the length of dropdown menus by limiting the check-boxes to OrgUnits that are active for reporting.
And then using the Monthly Summary - Accounts reports:
5. The OrgUnit-Rollup titles are user defined. To label an OrgUnit with Org_Rollup title, enter the title and then click "Save OrgUnits" to save.
In the below example, OrgUnits 200, 600, 000, 999 and 100 were defined as G&A (general and administrative). Whereas OrgUnits 400 and 500 are "Operations", 300 "Sales", and 150 as "NOT-SET".
OrgUnits that are designed with the same "OrgUnit Rollup" can:
i) be filtered together for budgeting and reporting Search purposes:
ii) be totaled together when Defining Row Formats as per below.
Below is an example of a Row Format that has been defined totaling on the above Org-Rollups:
6. Tag1 - Tag10 are additional user defined fields that can be used as a report writing tool. Tag titles can be customized. Please see How Do I Customize Tag Titles?
In the below example, Tag1 was used to group OrgUnits by divisional responsibility.
Below is how the Define Row Formats was setup using Tag1:
And below is the format of the report using the above Define Row Formats:
7. "SortOrder" determines the viewing order of the OrgUnits on this screen.
Below OrgUnit "Accounting" is 400 which is the lowest number in the SortOrder and therefore appears first.
And below the Accounting SortOrder was changed to 1400 and as this is the largest number in the SortOrder, Accounting's placement is last.
To modify the sort order change the number in the SortOrder column for the OrgUnit in question and then click "Save OrgUnits".
To Delete an OrgUnit
Please use this feature with caution.
- "Search" for the OrgUnit you wish to delete;
- Select the row for the OrgUnit to be deleted;
- Click the "Delete Selected" button which will results in a Confirm screen;
- Click "Yes" on the Confirm screen; and
- Click "Save OrgUnits".