This tool is used to total and subtotal data into user defined formats.
After changes are made, please Save.
Please note that Expand/Reduce Column Width functionality is available.
A) To Add a New Format
We will first review the process and then setup an example.
1) Click on the Add New format button which will cause the above entry box to appear;
2) Name the new format; and
3) Click the "Add New" button, and the below screen will appear. Please note the name of the screen which is highlighted in yellow.
4) By clicking the "Set as DEFAULT" box, the Row Format
pull downbox will be default to this view.
5) Consider the order of what you would like to total and subtotal. 1 is the most summarized version of the data. The levels here correspond to the levels in the Display Level
6) Band Name is an attribute to use for the grouping and subtotaling (all attribute options shown in the following table)
Please see Manage OrgUnits, Manage Objects and Manage ERP Accounts for how to define attribute/Tag options. If you wish to use the "CompanyTag", please contact Dynamic Budgets to setup these very sensitive fields. Please note that customized Tag titles are not reflected in this dropdown menu.
7) There are two ways to total data using the "Native Total" box either by checking or unchecking the Native Total box.
(check mark each row if Company revenue format is positive, Uncheck each row if company revenue format is negative).
If your subtotals are adding the absolute values of revenues and expenses and overstating your net income, then you likely need to checkmark Native Total in each row of your row formats.
(Native Total must be checkmarked if in Manage Company Databases the company Revenue Display format is set to Positive Values)
Please also see if necessary How to Convert Revenue Display From Negative to Positive in Dynamic Budgets.
8) Background Color determine the color of row in the display - click into the box to determine the color options and then click on the desired color; and
Let's now setup an example including how it displays.
We are totaling on the Company Database level using Non Native Totals and the data display as follows - it takes all the revenue and expense data and adds it up to $24,310:
Below the NativeTotal box has been checked and a Background color has been selected by clicked into the box.
The result of these changes is as per below; namely the total is net of the revenue and expense and is $1,410 and the blue line shows what data is added into the total.
Below the Row Format has been augmented with the addition of OrgRollup (as defined in Manage OrgUnit) and Object. Both are totaling to their Native Total. Addition colors have been added for these rows.
The result of the above changes is below. Please that the Display Level is 3 and if we went to Display Level 4 all the underlying data will be displayed. Also, note how the color setup in Define Rows appears in the below report.
1) Click the "Clone this Format" button which will be bring up the "Custom View: Clone" box;
2) Enter the View Name; and
3) Click the "Clone" button to create the clone.
2) Click on the "Delete this Format" button and this will bring up the Confirm box;
3) Click on "Yes" to delete.